Big Chief's Progress

Big Chief Saw the Chiropractor And is Now Much Happier


After meeting with Katy and being adjusted Chief showed immediate signs of relaxation and energy.  I took him outside and lead him around the yard.  He stopped holding his breath while transitioning from a walk to a trot, and he was more willing to trot at an even pace.  But the real test was going to be when I rode him.  



The next day was Friday and I had my little team of my mom and dad there with me. I chose to ride bareback so I could feel how he moves and it would be low stress for the horse.  We went in different directions and patterns around the round pen.

At first he was very nervous about me getting on.  Then we tried to take a couple steps and he was right back to misbehaving.  Side stepping, very jerky movements, and not taking direction.  I asked my dad to lead him around the round pen once, and Chief acted normal and followed my dad.  Then I took back control and he listened for a couple steps and then started acting up again.  



My dad led him around the pen one more time and as I took back control he started listening! He is very responsive to the bit until he gets near the gate or near where my parents were standing along the fence and he wants to stop.  But with a little encouragement he keeps going.  By the end he was back to his normal self.

   

I hope he continues to improve and I hope his back pain was the only problem.  I wish I had more time to ride and practice so that we can improve together.  I'm still learning as he and his sister are my first two horses.  I will continue to do research and try new things to strengthen the bond between myself and my horses.  

I am very open to suggestion! So if you have any tips or advice I am all ears!



Don't forget to subscribe to my blog if you want to see more of what I'm posting! 
My next blog post will be how to DIY wooden floating shelves!

Again, Thanks for reading! I hope to see you again! 






Comments

Popular Posts