Chief and Adira

These are my two lovely horses.
Chief (Standardbred/Thouroughbred gelding)







And Adira (Morgan mare)

  About 3 months ago my boyfriend's brother bought a piece of property. The previous owner had 2 horses there and couldn't take them with him when he moved. He was trying to sell them, but since they have had very little training, no one wanted to buy them. So that's where I came into the picture. 



I grew up going to horse camp, riding my friends horse, and my mom even leased a horse for me and my sister when I was in 8th and 9th grade. I learned all the basics this way and have a good grasp on what it takes to own horses. 

I offered the man to take the horses off his hands for free and give them a good home.  After going back and forth with him for weeks, he finally told me I could have them. We signed papers and I am now the owner of my first two horses! I have learned so much from them already and I'm so happy to look back and see the progress we have made together! 

Comments

Popular Posts