Horse Chiropractor Katy

Horse Chiropractor Katy

Horses Need To Be Adjusted Too.  

I always thought going to the chiropractor would be a good idea for myself.  I have some back and neck pain almost constantly and I figured that might help.  Well it turns out people aren't the only ones that can benefit from chiropractic adjustments.  Horses, as well as cows, sheep, dogs, and other animals can suffer from achey joints as well and are often worked on by chiropractors!  If you suspect your animal has some pain, read up on the subject and maybe consider a chiropractor!  I'm really glad I did.


Big Chief Was Not Himself

My gelding Chief just started acting up and rearing when I ride him.  He was taking short jerky steps, and wasn't listening to anything I was asking him to do.  Then he reared and starting trotting sideways.  He started tossing his head and broke my reins!  There was obviously something going on and I was afraid he was in pain, so we called it a short day and I put him back in his stall.  He has never acted this way before, he has always been pretty chill and kind of lazy.   As I ran my hands over his body nothing seamed to be bothering him.  His legs and feet seemed just fine, but as I touched his withers he started walking away.  And when I put a little pressure on part of his back he flinched and pulled his head up real quick.

I determined he had back pain so I wasn't going to ride again until I figured out the problem.  We continued with our other routines of grooming, ground work and round pen work.  I got on Facebook and asked if anyone knew who could help me with this problem.  A few people suggested a horse chiropractor.  I contacted a woman named Katy and we made an appointment for her to come out and see Chief.


Chief Was A Little Nervous At First

When she started working I heard a few small pops and Chief was a little antsy.  But only a couple minutes into it he relaxed and dropped his head.  Katy pushed and pulled on him and she explained what she was doing the whole time.  She explained what the problems were and possible reasons for those problems.

When she was done I ran my hands back over where he had flinched before and he stayed still and calm, no flinching! He even let me put weight on his back without walking away.  I lead him outside and we walked and trotted around the yard.  He was breathing better, not holding his breath in transition to a trot, and he had better range of motion in his head and neck.

I am overall very happy with the outcome of the appointment.  I'm letting him rest today, and tomorrow I will ride him around the arena and see if he is acting any better.

I will keep you updated on his performance!




Here are a few links to some great horse products on Amazon!



                                  








Thanks for reading!! 
Leave a comment to let me know what you think!  

Have you ever used a horse chiropractor?   How was your experience?







Comments

Popular Posts